Epic Games latest update for the Battle Royale mode of its Fortnite title is due to drop at some point today across all platforms
With the number of updates Epic Games introduces to Fortnite Battle Royale, we may get to a point where we struggle to keep up. We may also run out of words to praise this type of behaviour from a developer so we’ll keep this one short and to the point.
November 20th will see its latest update released but this one is far smaller than previous releases. This one is just a hotfix but brings some very important changes and an exciting new addition:
Here are the full hotfix notes:
- Enabled Silenced SMG
– Can be found as a Common, Uncommon or Rare variant.
– This new SMG is Suppressed, making it the quietest weapon in the game.
- Assault Rifle accuracy increased.
– ADS accuracy benefit increased by 33%.
– Accuracy penalty per shot decreased by 20%.
– Accuracy reset speed increased by 20%.
– Recoil reduced by 30%.
- SMG damage increased from 12/12/13 to 14/15/16 for all rarities.
- SMG magazine size increased from 25 to 35.
- Tactical SMG damage increased from 14/15/16 to 16/17/18 for all rarities.
- Adjusted SMG/Tactical SMG environmental damage to match base damage.
- Rocket Launcher reload time increased by 10%.
The silenced SMG is certainly an interesting prospect being a near silent weapon. It’s sure to shake up players tactics on how to approach certain scenarios. In our experience with the game, the SMG and Assault Rifle improvements are most welcome.
There you have it folks, another week, another update for Fortnite Battle Royale. We’d love to hear your thoughts on Fortnite and its development so far. Let us know in the comments below.